2024 Winter Freeze Resources
For the most up to date weather updates, please CLICK HERE.
Please sign up today so you will be notified of pertinent information in the case of a severe weather. Both of the links below will take you to a web page so you can fill out information needed to begin receiving alerts immediately for both Harris County and the City of Pasadena.
CLICK HERE to view a list of Pasadena's current food pantry's.
If the severe weather causes damage to your home or business, please CLICK HERE to view a directory of trusted businesses to help you out in your time of need. Whether you are needing repair work, help with your AC or Heater, or anything in between, we have our businesses listed by category so they are easy for you to find.
Thank you to our partners over at Harris County Precinct 2's office for these helpful tips to prepare for freezing weather:
POWER OUTAGES POSSIBLE
- Ice on tree branches could cause downed power lines and widespread power outages.
- Make sure you have non-perishable food and water for a few days.
- Always assume downed lines or wires are energized and potentially dangerous if contacted.
- Report downed power lines to 713-207-2222 or 800-332-7143.
NATURAL GAS SAFETY TIPS
- Make sure your heating system is working properly and to use space heaters safely.
- Check your carbon monoxide (CO) and smoke alarms.
- Immediately report a suspected gas leak to CenterPoint Energy at 713-659-2111 or 800-752-8036.
- Visit CenterPoint Energy for electric and natural gas safety tips and other resources.
WATER PIPE TIPS
- Turn off water that flows through pipes to the outside of your home, then drain the outside spigot of any remaining water.
- For pipes inside your home that may be subject to freezing, keep cabinet doors open, allow a drip of cold water to flow through a faucet.
- If your pipes freeze, remove any insulation or layers of newspapers and wrap pipes in rags. Completely open all faucets and pour hot water over the pipes, starting where they were most exposed to the cold.
- Precinct 2 is prepared to open three (3) locations as warming centers. If they open, we will announce the locations on our Facebook page and other social media sites.