COVID-19: Pasadena Community Relief Effort
Current Pasadena Community Needs
Your Pasadena Chamber has been proactively engaging with retailers, senior living facilities and non-profit organizations in order to understand what needs currently exist within our community and building a platform that will allow us to more readily connect community needs with available resources while also observing CDC guidelines for safety and social distancing.
We know that Pasadena shows up in times of need and we are committed to connecting our community together during this difficult time. This page is for those organizations who need supplies, volunteers or financial assistance, as well as those who are willing to donate supplies, financial assistance or act as a volunteer.
HOW THIS WILL WORK:
MY ORGANIZATION HAS A NEED:
If your organization has a need, please fill out the form below titled WE NEED HELP. Once we receive your form, we will match you with someone who has the means to fill your organizations need(s). That person will then be in direct contact with you to get your need(s) met as soon as possible. Please fill out the form in its entirety so that we can accurately match your need(s).
I CAN HELP:
If you have the means to donate supplies or financial assistance, or want to volunteer, please fill out the form below titled I CAN HELP. There are certain items in the form that you can "check off" if you have the means to donate those items. We will keep this list updated multiple times a day to ensure its accuracy. Once we receive your form, we will match you with someone and contact you directly with instructions on how to deliver your items to your match.
We also understand that there is a large demand for assistance in our community and are coordinating with all of our non-profits, churches and others that are hosting their own collections and distribution points that desire to serve during this time. Collectively we will be able to meet the needs for Pasadena. #connectingyourcommunity
Check out some of the ways we are currently helping those in need!
Operation: Stock The Shelves
On April 29th, the Pasadena Chamber, City of Pasadena, and various churches throughout Pasadena will host a community-wide collection effort to keep our food pantries stocked in Pasadena! CLICK HERE to view all the details and participating locations.
Current Items Needed
Supplies & Services:
- Protective Face Masks
- Antibacterial hand soap (individual bottles)
- Hand Sanitizer (individual or bags for dispensers)
- Recyclable Bags (for food pantry distribution)
- Disinfectant Spray (such as Lysol)
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Donated meals, snacks & self-care services to medical, education and nonprofit professionals
- Basic School Supplies (pencils, paper, highlighters)
- Baby Wipes
- Diapers of all sizes
- Personal care products
- Gloves (medium & large)
- Let's show some love to our first responders & healthcare workers! Have your child color/draw a picture or write a letter of encouragement to say thank you to our first responders. Let us know you'd like to participate by completing the "I can help form" there you will also find instructions on delivery.
- Non-perishable canned goods
- Baby Food
- Children's Cereal
Additionally, due to the nature of the COVID-19 impact for the elderly they are looking for more activities that are designed for independent activity. Requested ideas include:
- Crossword Puzzle/Word Search (large print)
- Board Games
- Letters of encouragement